Blog Archive

Friday, July 29, 2016

July 29, 2016 Week #3 LAST LETTER FROM THE MTC

Only 3 more days and here I come Guam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited-- y'all have no idea! Got my flight plans, too, last Saturday!!! We leave Monday morning at 2:30 AM hah and then our flight takes off to LAX at 6:00 AM. Should I call you that early at like 4 AM haha? We then have an hour layover in LAX so we will be pretty rushed so I'm not sure if I can call home then. But then we fly to Honolulu, Hawaii and have a 3 hour layover then. Not sure what time again I will have to check. I'll post the picture of our flight plans. And then after that we fly to GUAMMM! YESS I'm so pumped! We land it Guam at 6:00 PM on Tuesday night. I'm not to sure what i'm going to do on the plane that whole time hahah-- probably read my Book of Mormon a few times and my hymn book as well so wish me luck. 

This week has been a little long. It's gotten a lot harder but I think that's just because I know that I am so close to getting to Guam. After every time we teach one of our investigators I get way hyped to just get out and teach real people in Micronesia and have investigators of my own. My whole district is sick and the flu is going around this place like crazy so that hasn't been too fun, but all the packages and letters have helped keep me way happy! So thank you:)

Last Sunday we had a special devotional. They had this famous band who is Mormon come play called the Nashville Tribute Band. It's like country church music haha. We weren't too excited about it at first but it ended up being the best thing ever. We all loved it. They had some pretty good songs so look them up. At the end the lead singer sang a solo that he wrote about his misson. He sang about goodbyes and saying goodbye to friends and family and how hard it was saying goodbye to his mom. Then he sang about how his mission was hard but so good and he received so many blessings and brought so many to Christ and the happiness that came from it. The song then ended coming down that escalator after 2 years and how happy it was to see everyone and how amazing it felt. After the song ended he said he wanted everyone to sing it with him this time. They put the words up on the screen and everyone started to sing. About 2 sentences in legit everyone was crying. I couldn't even sing the rest of the song because the tears were just flowing, but don't worry I'm still a man because nobody else could either. As a looked around and saw all 2,400 missionaries here in the MTC crying I noticed how blessed I am to have the family I do and how lucky I am to be able to be out here to serve the Lord. As it mixed with my emotions and made me a little homesick,  it also made me so excited for Guam. I cannot wait any longer haha. Monday morning can't come fast enough!

The spirit is so strong here. I love it. We have lots of fun together as a district but feeling the spirit every single day as much as we do is the coolest thing ever. I've learned a lot here already! Teaching all this though in a different language that i don't even know which one it is yet or simply how to even say "hello" is going to be a struggle, but I know that God blesses His missionaries and will make it possible for me and will bless me so much helping me to learn it. Thanks everyone for the prayers and packages and letters. Again, they mean so much! Next email will be from Guam with some sick pictures so stay tuned! Miss everyone so much.
-- 

Elder Saylin

PS Yeah those cookies were bomb. Way good. My eye measurement was the best thing that ever happened to me. WE GOT TO LEAVE THE MTC! Everyone was so jealous and mad but my comp and I were so happy. Thanks for doing that! Are my glasses getting ordered? Those pics I posted of us in the car and us so happy was in the real world hahah.







No comments:

Post a Comment