Blog Archive

Friday, July 22, 2016

Week 2 MTC 7/22/2016




WOW this week has been insane! Time has flown by. It seems like i was just typing my last email, but at the same time it seems like I have been here my whole life! So much has happened and i am only getting more and more excited as i am getting closer to Guam. I love it here so much though, but it's Guam!! hahah! My testimony is growing every hour of everyday here. It's exhausting but it feels so good to have the spirit with you all day and teaching has been really fun. 


So Sunday night we had a devotional and we watched the video of Elder Bednar called "The Character of Christ." Super good video about missionary work and got me so hyped to be out in the field and do the work. At the end of the video, a door opened that was right next to the stage. Guess who walked out..... ELDER BEDNAR! Ahhh everyone got so excited! We got to hear from him and his wife and they are seriously the funniest and most loving people. They answered questions for 2 hours but it honestly felt like 10 minutes. He's so awesome. The spirit all Sunday was the coolest thing ever. I love it so much.

Tuesday we had a devotional with Elder Clarke from the 70. Yeah I know we are pretty spoiled here. He testified of the obedience of missionary work and it changed my perspective on everything here so much. "Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles!" Way sick quote.

I have learned the importance of prayer here and how with faith and sincerity God will answer all of them. My companion and I pray like 30 times a day because it honestly makes everything so much better. God watches out for all of us and loves us so much and when we are putting in the work he will do the rest. Every time! 

Everyones' prayers and letters and packages in the mail and DearElders have been so amazing. 
You guys have no idea. When i see that i got something, the biggest smile comes to my face and maybe even some sweet dance moves!  hahaha It gets me way hyped!! So THANK YOU:) You guys are honestly the best!

Got to go to the temple again this morning and it was so good! Provo temple is awesome and getting out of the fenced off area of the buildings and being able to cross the street into the real world has been nice too. hahah but i love it here. I love my companion and district more than anything. Gonna be way sad when we go to Guam and get split to our different islands.

God is real. The church is true and He loves us so much! Miss you guys like crazy:)

-- 

Elder Saylin

No comments:

Post a Comment