Blog Archive

Friday, July 22, 2016

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS 7/15/2016

FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Holy cow these past few days have been amazing. I don't know why anyone could ever complain about the MTC because i love it here. I am so happy! My cheeks are so sore because I haven't stopped smiling since i have been here. This place is awesome. I have already seen so many miracles here and my testimony has grown so much. I have received so many answers to my prayers already.

Let me start off by telling you about my companion... or my brother. His name is Elder Glauser. It's the weirdest thing ever because i swear it's like we have been best friends and brothers since we were born. Wayyyy cool!! He's such a stud. We have had a blast together here. We have so much fun together and can laugh for hours but when its time to be serious and respectful it is so easy to be. Teaching lessons with him has been easy because we connect so much and can teach together pretty well for just beginning. I swear we are the same person its pretty cool. Our interests are exactly the same from loving football and basketball to camping to our family life to school to everything, We are the same. I prayed forever about my future companion and God has blessed me so much; it's amazing!

The night we got here we jumped into a big meeting right away with all the new elders and sisters. We started off by singing a song where the spirit was already so strong and nobody could stop smiling. Everyone is so happy here I love it. When the song ended our MTC President's wife got up and had us sing another.... and another.... and another... hahaha-- everyone was laughing but not one person complained because we were enjoying it so much. As i sang i felt so much peace and comfort of being there. I instantly knew that this is where the Lord wants me and what I am doing is best for me and the people i will be serving in Guam.  Coolest feeling ever-- I cannot even really describe it, but it was amazing and i know that i have my Heavenly Father on my side.

Yesterday's classes were amazing. I've already learned so much here. I can't believe that it is already Friday. I don't even know where yesterday went. All i remember is being exhausted at the end of the day ha but it was so good. We woke up and had our first class at 7:30 am. We had a class about our purpose here as missionaries and how we can bring others unto Christ through our purpose. I can't wait to get out and teach the people in Guam already. We also started to teach our first investigator who's name is Tom. We started to teach him about the Plan of Salvation because he doesn't have a religion and is depressed because he is going through a divorce. Our first teaching lesson with him was a little rough but as Elder Glauser and i testified of what we know to be true the spirit was strong and we felt pretty good about it. They have a one sided window mirror for people to observe us. FUNNIEST THING EVER. Remember Rider Markwalter from Texas??? He's here and somehow snuck into that room and last night he showed me his cameras with about 20 pictures of me teaching! hahaha 

Anyway my first email is already turning into a sister's email so i better stop ha but I love it here and i love my district and comp. So much fun seeing so many friends here and especially Elder Hilbig. He's a stud.

Love you guys and miss you so so much!
-- 

Elder Saylin

No comments:

Post a Comment