Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April 30 Finally an email! HELLLOOOOOO!!

HEELLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Holy smokes, it really does seem likes its been 10 years since I've got to talk to y'all! Ahhh !! Serving in Chuuk is something else. Getting one hour to email once a month and trying to reply to everything and read things is so hard so don't be to mad if I skipped over questions. I take pictures of most of the emails so I can read them all still and get the others in the mail,  but its killing me! I wish soo badly I could have an ipad like Scott and just get all day to email y'all and read them everyday. It's a whole different world for me thats for sure. 

So i don't even know where to start. I just opened all of y'alls emails and read some stuff here and there, but like I said I don't have all the time in the world. I feel like the worst because my emails are always so lame and short and not as detailed as i know that y'all want them to be. Just know I don't really want it to be like it this way either. But its okay because God knows that not just I can handle this life, but you guys can, too! 

So happy late Easter! I got one box from you! It was the one with my garments.  Thank you so much --that was much needed!! Mom, you said you sent more boxes?! YAYAYA Thank you so much:) I'm excited!  Y'all are the best. Thanks also for all the letters and music and pictures you sent.  I love it. Momma i'm sorry that the letters haven't been gettin gto you fast!  I promise they are all coming. I write every week! Dad, you asked about Chuuk. We have 13 areas in Chuuk. I think I am going to stay in Tonoas for a very long time. One district only. We had district conference this last weekend and it was AMAZING!! Seriously, soo good. Last year at this time they had 478 people attend. Want to know how many we had on Sunday attend??? 1024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So freaking sick! Chuuk is growing like crazy and we are seeing so many blessings here. I love it. It was so good to see all the people I have taught and grown to love. They are all family to me. I saw all my family from TOL again! and Udot and Sapuk. Honestly, amazing to see them and I got emotional seeing them there knowing they are all so strong and growing in the gospel. You won't believe what happened. Don, my recent convert from Tol, SPOKE IN CONFERENCE!  In front of everyone!! It was so awesome. He did such a good job. Crazy to think that a few months ago he was an alcoholic and smoked weed everyday, and caused problems to a whole bunch of people.  He once was a violent  man and he stood there and bore a powerful testimony how this has changed his life.  He said that the Book of Mormon is what converted him and how he and his wife have found true happiness. Best thing ever! I wanted to cry. The church is so true!!!!!!

So the group hasn't been approved yet but we just got permission to do sacrament in Enin for the first time this week! So we're pretty excited about that so people will come to church. 
Things have been pretty good here. Super hot. Tons of rain. I'm getting skinny as can be,  haha but I'm loving it, and lovign the work.

I cannot wait for Mother's Day! So excited to be able to tlak to y'all!!!! What's the plan for that? I will be calling soon about that to set up time. When's Scott calling?

Miss you guys like crazy! Thanks for all the support and love and everything you do for me! Couldn't ask for a better family:)

I love you!
Elder Saylin

-- 

Elder Saylin

No comments:

Post a Comment