Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

APRIL 17, 2017 SNAIL MAIL LETTER "HAPPY LATE EASTER" LOVE, LOVE this letter......

HAPPY LATE EASTER!  How was y'alls Easter ?  What did the family do this year for Easter?  Did Grandma and Grandpa come up, too?  I can't wait to see the pictures!  Sam, you better have been the fastest and got the most candy so you can save me some.


So you asked a little bit about Tol.  My last update is that they mostly are still doing really well and having church!  My recent convert Don just also received the priesthood and just was called to be the Branch President!  It's wonderful that though the missionaries were emergency transferred from the island, the church is continuing to grow.  (He is the first man to receive the priesthood there!)   I am so excited for him and happy for those people.  So many of my prayers have been answered as God has continued to take care of those people and help them continue in their faith and happiness.

We didn't get to watch General Conference.  There is no way to and to get a recording or bring everyone in to the mainland to watch is pretty much impossible.  They will eventually send us the Ensign with the talks.  :)

It's so awesome that Scott is out doing this same work as me right now!  I still feel like I am just telling myselft that and that it's not actually true.  haha.  I think its becasue I wasn't there when he left.
I just got your March 19 letter.  I wish so badly I was there when he was set apart.   Especially for that testimony meeting.  Thank you, Dad, for speaking for me and trying to say things I would have said, Dad.  I was so happy when I read that.  I seriously would have killed to hear everyone's testimony, especially Scott and Seth's and seen how much they have grown.  What an amazing day it will be when we are all returned missionaries and finally all reunited together and get to hear everyone's testimonies.  I could never express my gratitude enough to God for this family He has given me and parents.  I could not ask for a better family.  From all of our highs and lows to everything else in between, I am so grateful for what our family has become and how strong all our love for each other is.  There really aren't a lot of families as blessed and lucky as we are.  Thanks Mom and Dad, for all of your hard work for this family  and all you do and helping all us kids get to where we are today.


So as y'all now, my island of Tonoas has been slit this last transfer.  Elder Harman and my area is on the whole other side of the island from the house and the church.  It takes us about 45 minutes to walk there.  I don't mind walking that at all everyday.  Te only thing that is bad about it is that pretty much no one wants to walk that far to church when they could go to the one in their  village right next to their homes.  One big problem we face here in Chuuk is that all the Chukkese people believe that every single church is true and it doesn't matter which one you go to because they all lead you back to God.  So this last Easter Sunday we went to go walk with all of our investigators to church.  Everyone shut us down because they all "had to go with their families to the Catholic church."  It's wonderful that they want to go as families.  Now we want these families to know how they can be together forever!  There is this massive Catholic church right in the middle of our area so everyone went to that.  They feed everyone during their meeting and afterwards, too.  They throw a big party and everyone wants to go because of the free food!  LOL  So that was a bummer.  Do you want food or eternal salvation?  haha  I guess food can be of the devil, too, so be careful!  haha J/K

This next Sunday will be good because people don't have to go with their whole family to another church so I am excited for this next week.  We are still trying to get a group started up in Enin.  We are still waiting for it to be approved by the Area Seventy.   It should open in a few weeks and we will have lots of investigators that will come to church because the church won't be so far away from them.

Elder B is training!  Now we have 4 Elders in our tiny house.  It's a party.  There is zero room to put all of our stuff so it's all over the place.  haha  It's awesome.  Elder B, Elder H and I all put hooks in the walls and hung our hammocks to sleep in every nights.  It's actually way nice and you get a better breeze from the window so it's not as hot.  Elder C sleeps on his matt.  He is from the Philippines.  He is the nicest kid ever.  He's super shy but low key.  He is the funniest kid ever and says the funniest stuff.  I love him!  he knows 4 languages....about to be 5!  He is 23 and the only member of his family in the church.  He has little support.  I look up to him lots for his faith and strength to push through hard trials.  I don't know how he does it because i couldn't do this without the support of all of you.  It really has meant so much to me.

Can't wait for Mother's Day!!!  Talk to y'all soon.

Love,
Elder Saylin JUNIOR!!!

PS  MOM, CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME SOME SUNBLOCK??  Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment