Blog Archive

Monday, November 7, 2016

Another baptism! Week 17

Winiston was baptized this week!!!! He's so sick. I love him so much. He says hello to the family.  It's been amazing to be teaching him the last 5 weeks and watch how much he has turned his life around. He has done so much to prepare for his baptism day and has come so far. So amazing and such a cool experience to watch him come so far and how happy he is!

Noen accepted baptism! He really wants to be baptized and I'm really excited to be working with him. Hopefully once he gets baptized we can work with his wife and kids, too, which he still has! It's weird because he's one of the few people in Chuuk I have met that still has a family and cares about his wife and kids! 

Our house is infested with rats haha! They're all in the walls and crawl everywhere. We were planning, and I looked up and just saw one run across the floor. I don't even care any more. They're huge. Like the size of a small dog-- not even kidding haha! They're everywhere so I just have had to learn to deal with it now. When we clog the rat hole, they just bite another hole in the wall so there's no point.

I haven't shared some crazy stories in a while so I thought maybe I would this week. Last Tuesday there was this crazy fight. This guy had a 7 foot pole and was just beating the crap out of this other guy right in front of us, but it's not like we can do anything. The guy was down on the ground and I thought he was done. However, the guy with the pole turned around and was walking away. Somehow, that guy (still alive somehow) got up and ran and tackled the other guy from behind.  They went at it on the ground and he choked the guy with the pole. It was so sad. Then we just had to keep going on with our day. 

Yesterday we were driving and this guy got shot with a filipin in the back. A filipin is a metal arrow that they shoot at each other here.  Drilled him right in the back and the guy dropped. The cops came and just threw this bloody guy in the back of the truck and rushed to the hospital. Oh Chuuk! It's so awesome here. Never a dull moment. Don't worry, though, Mom. I'm always safe! 

Church has been nuts lately. Nobody listens and everyone is irreverent. It's been super frustrating. Elder Gibson and I got so upset about it yesterday, but an Area Seventy is coming this week to church so hopefully things will improve.

I got letters finally! I think they were backed up, but they all came in. Thank you for your nice notes! I wrote you back so hopefully you get that soon!

I also got the package with the Bucees shirt! That's so awesome; thank you so much! That cereal was amazing, too.


Miss you all like crazy! I love serving the Lord.

Sepwapchu oune kan nom! I tong ngedikemy!

-- 

Elder Saylin

















No comments:

Post a Comment