Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

OCTOBER 10, 2016 LETTER ZONE CONFERENCE, OCTOPUS AND MUD SLIDES

I'm alive! Hitting my 3 month mark this week. Feels like 3 years haha, but it's good because Im loving it and have the best mission in the world. This week has been adventurous!

So we had zone conference and zone meeting this week. President Zarbock and his wife are the best. We had pizza for lunch, too, which was amazing because it's one of the few things I have eaten here that isn't disgusting Chuukese food! President is such a good teacher and gives me so much motivation and ambition to baptize everyone in Chuuk that I see. He teaches with with Spirit so strong and is a good example to me! 

A few days ago  some people we taught wanted to give us food after we taught them. They had nothing to give us... expect for octopus. Yes, octopus. The whole thing. They just boiled it in some water and then put it in a bowl and didn't do anything to it -- just fed it to us right there. It was purple and orange. No knifes or anything to cut it; just picked it up and took a big bite out of it hahah. It was super thick and rubbery. At first it wasn't that awful, but the after taste wanted to make me throw up and i couldn't get the taste out of my mouth all day hahaha. I was hungry though so I didn't care. I'm turning into a Chuukese person out here. Legit-- anything that is edible, I'm gonna eat it. It's awesome! 

We have been trying really hard to find new investigators this week and we found two! Our other 2 investigators are doing really well. Winistion walked super far 2 weeks now in a row to come to church. He's getting baptized next Saturday! He's soo dope. Micah is 9 and wants to get baptized next Saturday as well. I can't wait! They are such good people and examples to me.

So the begining of the week it rained super hard. We hiked way up the steep mountain to Winistons house. He always gives us food. He gave me this big Tonga (its like this weird dry- watermelon- chalky- moist vegetable). It's hard to explain haha. But I was coming down the hill of thick jungle carrying this thing in one hand and my BOM in the other. It was soo muddy and it was a trap for me just to die. I few steps in, sure enough.... I slipped and fell. haha I had no hands to catch me. I didn't wanna loose my tonga and didn't want my book ruined so I like broke my back and fell into these bushes hahahaha and got soaked in mud and water BUT MY FOOD AND BOOK WAS OKAY. It was awesome! I laughed so hard.

Anyway, I have more pictures but it's being weird right now so I will upload more next week. I promise

Miss you all tons.

Elder Saylin

-- 

Elder Saylin

No comments:

Post a Comment