Blog Archive

Friday, March 10, 2017

February 20, 2017 (Snail mail letter #1)

Mom! Dad!
You guys are the best!  I got a box from you for Valentin's Day this last week!  Thank you so much for all the food, and the card is "money!" Elder F and I really appreciate it.  It helps us stay alive out here.  Mom, thanks also for sending all of my friends' emails.  They are way fun to read and see all those pictures, too.  It's crazy to see how different all of our lives and missions are from each other now.  Befroe , all of our lives were pretty much exactly the same.

Dad, I got your email you sent me in the mail from 1/29.  I'm glad you guys are getting my letters.  I've been sending one every week.  Have you been getting them all?  I'm dying to hear about Scott!  Only thing I've heard is that he's going to England.  Which mission??  Same??  When does he leave?  I'm wondering if the next time I get to email if I could get one from him from the MTC.  That'd be insane.  I'm so pumped for him.  So awesome.  I'm super excited to get journal entries from you still!  ha.  Don't worry if they are "immature" or "ignorant" because I'm probably the same, if not worse.  I am younger than you were when you were out at this time!  I'll understand.

So things with Elder F have been awesome.  We are for reals best friends.  It has been a blast being companions with him.  It's been a little bit stressful opening up this area and this island to be honest.Trying to build a new brand has been a blast, but it's also so hard.  Lots of people have complaints/arguments sometimes about how church should be and what others should do.  We just have to explain how Heavenly Father wants it.  It's exhausting, but I love it.  I love this area.  I've been very blessed to served God here.  I feel like it is teaching me lots.  I will be forever grateful for everything I learn out here.

Miss you both tons!  Thanks for being the best parents and more that I could ever ask for!

Love you!
Elder Saylin


No comments:

Post a Comment