Blog Archive

Monday, September 19, 2016

"It's gonna be the best day of my liifffeee....oh oh ohhh!"

Sam Houston! I miss you. You are such a stud. Because of you, I wake up every morning and just sing, "It's gonna be the best day of my liiffeee. ooh oohh" and think of you and it makes my day so much better. I then have such a good attitude about everything! hahaha. 

We had a baptism this Saturday! It was awesome. Her name is Niames and she is my favorite. She's 12 and her parents finally said that she could be baptized and she was SOOO happy! Seeing people change so much and get on the right path is the best thing in the world. Our other investigator Terson that was supposed to get baptized said he heard rumors about the church and can't get baptized anymore.  ughhh It broke my heart.  So we have work to do with him, but I know God has a plan for him and it will all be okay!

I'M GOING ON VACATION THIS WEEK! So hyped! So the church for the first time ever is going to open some islands called Ruo. There are four islands and the church has never been there before. President Zarbock is coming down on Wednesday and a few of us elders get to go with him and our branch president to go teach some people out there and see how it goes! It's a 12 hour boat ride  so hopefully I don't throw up everywhere. We get back Sunday. I got lucky and get to go because my companion is an Islander and President only is letting elders from Chuuk go that have an islander in the companionship. Super cool. I cant wait!

I added a few sentences to my testimony (in Chuukese) this week! I added 4 sentences. Three went really good, and the other everyone laughed because it made no sence. hahaha I don't even know what I said. I led a lesson, though, so I was pretty happy with that:) I'm trying super hard and God is helping me. 

We had 36 at church yesterday; it was the best thing ever.!!!! After church they taught us this Sapuk dance and it's the sickest thing ever. Only know the beginning right now. I didn't know I could dance hahah  but I am picking up some sweet moves out here!

Found out I'm allergic to crab this week. Tongue and throat swelled up and I thought I was gonna die haha but I ran and got medicine super fast and I'm alive:) We still have no power. Probably won't be fixed for a while. We had no food because it all went bad so we left to a different area to sleep at night and eat so that's nice. 

Love you all.
Elder Saylin















MIss you guys so much!  I love you!

-- 

Elder Saylin

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful week you have had. I just love the joy in your written voice! Our prayers are with you daily. We love you with all out hearts. Gma and Gpa Hilbig

    ReplyDelete